Friday, January 29, 2021

CAST YOUR NET!


It's 2021, I’m glad we made it. This seems to be my first blog post this year. It's a spontaneous post because I got the nudge to put this up. I drop blog posts every Monday. 


'Cast your net’ that seems to be the word echoing in my heart for the past 3 weeks. At first, all I taught was that maybe this was just a word for me but no, I perceive it's a word in season for all.  Peter and his brother went to the river like they do daily casting their net. It's obvious they are fishermen. They spent all their days trying to catch fishes and it was all to nothing as the scripture recorded:


Simon Peter saith unto them, I go fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.


                                 ( JOHN 21:3)


There are two ways this scripture ministered to me;

° SIMON PETER & HIS BROTHER TOILED ALL DAY TRYING TO CATCH FISHES: Here I saw men who are accustomed to relying on their strength. The strength of a man fails them. They did all they could but herein to bring forth abundance they needed supernatural intervention. They had to disrupt their means of relying on their strength.  2021 is a year of divine partnership with God. God is on a lookout for men who are ready to be faithful in little. I would like to emphasize that being faithful in little could mean passing that test, trusting God for the unknown. Come unto me all ye that are of heavy burden and I will give you REST ( Matthew 11:29). It takes resting on the finish work of Christ to truly cast 


° SIMON PETER AND BROTHERHAD THEIR  MIND FIXED ON ONE WAY OF CASTING THEIR NET:

John 21:6

And he said unto them, Cast the net on the   side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes. 


 In this verse, two things caught my attention,  Peter and his brother had their mind fixed on one way of catching fishes they are like many who stay where God has already moved. They relied on the truth of the past forgetting that the abundance of God resides where his goodness and mercy is.  Hence, its not enough to have net , know the assignment you need discernment to navigate the direction and velocity of the assignment. 


Casting your net requires the leap of faith and like I believe a leap of faith is a leap of progress. It's learning to embrace the unknown, learning to trust God admist pain and uncertainty. After Peter and his brother cast their net to the other side they had abundance but It took dangerous / crazy faith to do that. 


2021 is full of a lot but in all, It's more important to rest in God and walk by faith. 


Thanks for reading! I do hope this meets you where you need it the most.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm🔥 Deep insight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed to hear at the moment.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so blessed reading this piece. The words are so timely!

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS, YOUR LIFE

  The [intrinsically] good man produces what is good and honorable and moral out of the good treasure [stored] in his heart, and the [intrin...